Call Today: (800) 515-7753
1111 Torrey Pines Road, Suite 102
La Jolla, CA, 92037
Allumera is a topical cosmetic cream specially formulated to improve the overall appearance of skin. When used with light, Allumera works with the body’s capabilities to visibly reduce many unwanted skin characteristics, such as the appearance of fine lines, dark circles, crows feet and enlarged pores. Photocure’s Allumera is a unique skincare formula that is applied by a healthcare professional and has been found to improve the overall appearance of skin, leaving a more radiant, firmer and healthier complexion. View Female Before/After Image - View Male Before/After Image
Allumera is a topical cream representing the first in a new class of photodynamic cosmetics which has been clinically proven to improve the overall appearance of skin, visibly reduce the outward signs of aging and reduce the appearance of pores. Treatment with Allumera is non invasive and has minimal down time as compared to more aggressive cosmetic procedures
Advantages of Allumera Technology™
- Highly selective treatment that preserves healthy tissue
- Earlier and more accurate diagnosis
- Few side-effects
- Well documented
- Sets new standards for diagnosis and treatment of several conditions
How Allumera Works
1. The product is applied to the affected area and taken up into the cells.
2. The nature of diseased cells causes the product to accumulate in greater amounts than in normal cells. Inside the cells, the product is transformed into a substance that can be activated by light.
3. The treated area is then illuminated. The illumination either makes the diseased cells visible for diagnosis or removes/destroys the diseased cells (therapy).
Allumera™ improves the appearance of skin, the outward signs of aging and reduces the appearance of pores with minimal downtime and results that last. In a recent survey of patients conducted three months after Allumera treatment, results showed:
Additionally, participants who received three Allumera cosmetic treatments experienced a 44% reduction in the appearance of pores, three months after the last treatment.
"Allumera is an exciting, effective new option for patients that want their skin to look refreshed and timeless, without the down time of more aggressive procedures," said Dr. Jeanine Downie, Director of Image Dermatology PC. "The innovation Allumera brings to the non-invasive category is the reduction in the appearance of pores, with results that last."
After Allumera application, it is recommended that patients protect exposed skin from direct sun contact for 48 hours. Some patients may experience mild redness, slight swelling or dryness, which typically disappears within two days.