TREATING SAGGING EYES
When you age, your skin begins to lose its elasticity. As collagen breaks down and the body stops producing as much elastin, skin can begin to sag. Often this occurs first in the eye area.
Causes of sagging eyes include:
- The natural aging process
- Environmental skin damage such as sun damage
- Fluid retention
- Eating too many foods rich in processed sugar
- Stress, fatigue, and inadequate sleep
- Thyroid dysfunction.
One way to treat sagging eyes is to attack some of the causes, but you can also correct it using cosmetic techniques, including:
- Thermage Face Tightening– Thermage uses radio waves to stimulate deep layers of skin and stimulate the production of collagen, a fatty substance associated with skin elasticity.Thermage can be used to treat many of the common symptoms of aging eyes, including wrinkles and fine lines, hooding, and under eye bags.
- Sculptra® Collagen Stimulator– Sculptra is a very popular facial filler that stimulates natural collagen production. When it is injected into the skin, your body responds by stimulating collagen, restoring lost facial volume due to aging. This dermal filler is ideal for treating under-eye hollowing.
- ActiveFX/DeepFX Fractional Laser Treatments– The benefit of fractional lasertreatment is that it taps deep into the skin without requiring a long recovery period and significant downtime. It can improve the appearance and tone of skin around the eyes.
If you’re interested in treating your sagging eyes and live in southern California, please contact the experienced staff at La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic to discuss your options.