That tattoo that seemed like such a great idea now is a constant reminder of a decision you wish you’d never made. With StarWalker MaQx you can “undo” that decision.
The StarWalker MaQx’s third generation technology combines the unsurpassed range of pulse duration modes to more effectively rid the skin of tattoos. Unlike previous tattoo removal laser technologies, the StarWalker is an ablative laser that aids in destroying unwanted pigment. It can even treat scars under the tattoo that either previously existed or were created by the tattooing process.
The StarWalker laser represents an upgrade from our previous laser, QX MAX. We are now using this superior technology for all of our laser tattoo removal patients, and our pricing has changed as a result. This is the most advanced and highest performing laser system now available, so the incredible results you can get are more than worth the price.
How Does A Laser Get Rid Of Tattoo Ink?
The laser is absorbed by color – this instantaneous reaction causes an effective shattering of the pigment and destruction of the cells that the pigment is contained in. The now micronized pigment can be removed by the body’s natural clean up system.
This depth capability is important to break up the dark tattoo pigment that will continue to show through even when upper level pigment is removed. The use of larger spot sizes also reduces the risk of unwanted side effects such as collateral tissue disruption, bleeding and changes to skin texture.
The StarWalk laser system features the entire range of super short pulse technologies in a single high-performance solution. StarWalker’s patented MaQx pulse modalities produce powerful bursts of laser energy that photo-acoustically break apart skin pigmentation into smaller, more easily eliminated particles.
Can Laser Tattoo Removal Remove Colored Tattoos?
Yes. Professional tattoos with many colors overall require more sessions for complete removal in comparison to plain black tattoos. The size of the tattoo also makes a difference. In general, tattoo removal requires multiple sessions spaced about one month apart per session.
The Fotona StarWalker Q-Switched laser technology generates single nanosecond pulses, which are more efficient at removing pigment than multiple-pulse technologies of equivalently high power. The laser system offers four wavelengths in one system, enabling treatments for virtually all commonly used pigment colors. The StarWalker transmits extremely short energy pulses that cause tattoo pigments to break into smaller particles that are then removed by the body’s own immune system.
- 1064nm Nd:YAG for removal of DARK PIGMENTS
- 532nm KTP for RED, TAN, PURPLE and ORANGE tattoo inks
- 650nm KTP for GREEN tattoo inks
- 585nm KTP for SKY BLUE inks
Photoacoustic interaction of laser beam and pigment
- Fragmented ink and cells particles are removed by body’s own immune system
- Immediate reduction in visible pigment occurs in the first week after treatment, followed by gradual fading over the next several weeks
Improved Tattoo Removal
FracTAT is proprietary technology that vastly improves the tattoo removal process by
- Eliminating the need to have two laser systems to enhance tattoo removal
- Improves removal efficiency by drilling micro holes in the skin with fractional Q-s procedures (1st step) before full beam Q’s tattoo treatment (2nd Step) which allows gas, steam and some pigment to escape, allowing the tattoo to be treated again after just a few minutes in the same session
Unparalleled Efficiency For Shorter Treatment Time And Fewer Sessions
Tattoo removal is not painless and the goal is to be as efficient as possible in the shortest amount of time. StarWalker gives the technician the following options for laser selection in a single treatment session with one system.
The StarWalker can also effectively treat the following skin conditions:
- Lentigines: usually 1-2 sessions
- Café-au lait macules: 1-2 sessions
- Freckles: 1-2 sessions
- Dermal pigmented lesions: multiple sessions
- Vascular lesions and Port Wine Stains