The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) have both released their estimates for the number of surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures performed in 2011. These two organizations don’t always see eye to eye statistically, but one thing they do agree on is that facial rejuvenation is the most sought-after cosmetic procedure, as patients overwhelmingly turn to nonsurgical treatments.
According to the ASPS, the top five procedures performed in 2011 were:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport, and Xeomin 5.67 million procedures
- Soft tissue fillers 1.89 million procedures
- Chemical peels 1.11 million procedures
- Laser hair removal 1.08 million procedures
- Microdermabrasion 900,000 procedures
Whereas according to the ASAPS, the top five procedures performed in 2011 were:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic and similar 4.03 million procedures
- Hyaluronic acid fillers (like Juvéderm) 1.66 million procedures
- Laser hair removal 1.45 million procedures
- Microdermabrasion 794,000 procedures
- IPL light treatment 726,000 procedures
Just how many procedures is that? Compare them to last year’s best-selling albums:
- Adele “21” 5.82 million copies
- Michael Bublé “Christmas” 2.5 million copies
- Lady Gaga “Born This Way” 2.1 million copies
- Lil Wayne “Tha Carter IV” 1.9 million copies
- Jason Aldean’s “My Kinda Party” 1.6 million copies
In other words, people are buying facial rejuvenation procedures with almost the same frequency as the year’s top albums!
If you are interested in facial rejuvenation procedures, please contact La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic, serving the San Diego area.