At La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic, we now offer regenerative medicine for thinning hair and hair loss and currently provide a number of new treatment options that were not available just a few years ago.
As our bodies age, we experience:
- longer healing time
- changes in our body chemistry including our hormones
- increased inflammation
- cell exhaustion (cell aging)
All of these can contribute to hair loss.
What causes hair loss?
Everyone loses about 100 hairs every day. In most people this doesn’t result in thinning hair because other follicles enter the growth phase and produce new hair at the same time. Hair loss occurs when the growth cycle is disrupted or when the hair follicles are destroyed and replaced with scar tissue.
There are certain factors that make a person more likely to experience hair loss:
- Heredity — Male-pattern baldness and female pattern-baldness are both passed on through the genes.
- Hormonal changes or medical conditions — Hormonal changes can lead to temporary hair loss in women during pregnancy, menopause, or with thyroid fluctuations. A medical condition known as alopecia areata can cause patchy or full hair loss. Scalp infections can cause hair loss.
- Medications/Supplements — A side effect of many drugs used to treat cancer, arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, and other conditions is hair loss.
- Stress — If a person has had a physical or emotional shock, or ongoing high stress levels, this can cause hair loss. This is usually only temporary, however.
- Radiation — If a person has radiation treatments to the head area, this can impact hair growth.
- Hairstyles and treatments — Certain hairstyles that create excessive continued pulling on the hair can cause traction alopecia. Hot oil treatments and perms can also lead to hair loss.
What is Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative medicine is an area of healthcare that has the potential to produce a disruptive effect on the way we manage certain ailments associated with aging. Allogeneic human cell and tissue products are able to supplement the body’s natural healing process.
How does Regenerative Medicine work?
Over time our tissue can lose functionality due to age, injury, and disease. This may cause cellular aging and chemical changes in the body that can create longer healing time. As your body loses its ability to repair itself, regenerative medicine cooperates with your body’s natural functions to help supplement, cushion, and provide support right where it is needed.
At La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic we use only regenerative medicine that is FDA-compliant and sourced from the rich Wharton’s Jelly layer of the umbilical cord along with amniotic fluid and tissue from healthy, full-term donors.
What Our Patients Say
“From start to finish, my experience with Dr. Mani and the entire team I encountered at La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic was nothing short of exceptional. For some background, I am a physician from Canada that came down to see Dr. Mani for a treatment to manage thinning hair and hair loss. Dr. Mani’s expertise, professionalism, and genuine interest to help address my issues, especially considering that I was an out-of-country patient, was clearly demonstrable as much over the phone as in person. So, if you want a genuinely positive, professional experience with a healthcare provider you can trust without reservation, then Dr. Mani and La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic is the right choice for you.”
Would I be a good candidate for Regenerative Medicine?
This procedure is most effective for people in the early stages of hair loss, as the hair follicles have only recently become dormant. If you are experiencing thinning hair, you are an excellent candidate for this exciting new treatment. For men, the thinning can be more widespread. For women, thinning tends to occur along the part line of their hair.
It is not effective for long-term, fully balding areas.
*Individual Results May Vary