Your skin receives a lot of punishment from the sun, dirt, wind, and inexpensive skin care products, and it may seem almost impossible to manage at times. However, there are things you can do to prevent problems and help your skin.
Here are some simple tips to help keep your skin healthy and vibrant:
- Remember to cleanse your skin every day. Cleansing should be the most important step in your skincare routine. Be sure to use cleansers that clean out impurities, balance oil flow, and hydrate and soften skin.
- Don’t waste your money on expensive cleansers loaded with fancy ingredients because they are on your skin for less than a minute, so they don’t have time to really do anything. They can also cause irritation or strip away your skin’s natural oils.
- Choose skin care products according to your skin type and the season. For example if you have oily skin, you wouldn’t want to buy oil-based products, and in the winter, you want to use creamier moisturizer than in the summer.
- Avoid the urge to squeeze pimples because you could rupture the duct that produces oil, which could lead to infection and possibly, scarring.
- Remove your make-up or foundation before exercising because sweat can build up oils in your pores and cause break-outs. It’s also smart to remove make-up before going to bed as well so layers of dirt and dead skin cells don’t accumulate.
- If you smoke, try to quit. Smokers are more likely to have deeper and sharper wrinkles, pale and sallow skin coloration and are more vulnerable to sun damage.
- Wear a sunscreen with at least a SPF of 30 or higher. Harmful UV rays can speed up the aging process and damage your skin.
If you would like to learn more about treatments or procedures that can help your skin, please contact our skin specialists at La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic today for more information. We serve patients in the San Diego area.