Dermapen® Skin Rejuvenation in San Diego, CA
Microneedling is a type of collagen stimulating treatment that helps with acne scars and general skin health. At La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic, we offer microneedling with DermaPen® for men and women in San Diego, Encinitas, La Mesa, El Cajon, and surrounding areas of California.
How Does DermaPen Work?
The premise is simple – create a small wound and the skin will respond with collagen production and new skin cells. Depending on the depth of the needle penetration, the DermaPen can offer skin rejuvenation levels from the simple enhancement of product absorption to the clinical treatment of scars and wrinkles.
What Can The DermaPen Be Used For?
DermaPen allows the physician to quickly treat specific skin areas – large or small – to achieve a number of goals:
- Lip wrinkles
- Skin texture/tone
- Pore appearance
- Increase product absorption
- Superficial facial wrinkles
- Skin texure on the neck
- Acne scarring/trauma scarring
- Melasma and pigmentation
- Textural improvements to chest
- Stretch marks
Treatment on the face is the primary location, but skin needling can successfully be used on any area of the body.
How Deep Does The DermaPen Go?
From very superficial penetration to deep dermal penetration, the professional applications have a wide range of potential to improve and correct skin problems without the use of lasers. Penetration ranges begin at cosmetic depth of 0.25mm to clinical treatment depths up to 2.5mm.
- Light penetration opens the skin long enough for the introduction of specific treatment serums. Since most product molecules are too large to cross the skin barrier, they can only be minimally effective. The DermaPen opens the skin for a few minutes and this allows a huge increase of product penetration – your product ingredients can then reach beneath the surface where they will do the most good.Treatment serums can be selected for skin lightening, hydration, texture and pore tightening.
- Mid penetration depths can have a very positive impact on superficial sun damage and light scarring to improve skin texture and tone and a visible improvement in pore size appearance.
- Deeper levels of penetration can improve acne scars, burn scars, stretch marks and tighten skin and soften wrinkles.
- DermaPen reduces the risk of post treatment pigmentation that is more prevalent with laser heat for ethnic skin (Patients will still need to use sun protection and avoid heat exposure while in the recovery phase.)
- Depending on the treatment goal, you can expect to see results immediately for product introduction benefit to 4 to 6 months for scarring.
Dermapen Skin Rejuvenation FAQs
What About Downtime?
- Day 1: Erythema and red appearance and severity will depend upon how aggressive the treatment was performed.
- Day 2: A red hue or pink hue persists like a moderate sunburn. Swelling may be more noticeable on the second day.
- Day 3: Skin can be pink or normal color. Swelling subsides. Dr. Mani will prescribe post procedure care.
What is the microneedling procedure like?
Before your microneedling session begins, we apply topical numbing cream to your treatment areas and this is allowed to take effect. Next, we attach a new, sterile, 12-needle cartridge to the DermaPen, and then select the appropriate penetration depth setting based on your treatment needs, your skin thickness, and other variables. Penetration depths can be adjusted from 0.25 mm to 2.5 mm. Next, in a single motion the pen is gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding across in one direction. This is repeated until the entire treatment area has been covered. As soon we’ve covered the entire treatment area with the DermaPen passes, we apply a healing serum to your skin to calm it and start the healing process. This is especially effective, as the microscopic punctures allow the serum to reach the dermis layer.
What is the Meaning of Skin Rejuvenation?
Skin rejuvenation is any technique that helps the skin become healthier and look better. Most often, skin rejuvenation is used to address signs of aging that develop over time. This includes, wrinkles, lines, age spots, uneven skin texture and more.
What Does Dermapen Do for Your Skin?
Dermapen is a microneedling technique that stimulates the production of collagen in the body. By stimulating collagen, the body is able to strengthen and repair the skin, addressing concerns that include wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and skin texture.
Does Dermapen Help With Wrinkles?
Yes, the Dermapen treatment is effective for treating wrinkles and lines. By stimulating collagen production in the treatment area, the body will add volume to the skin, tightening lines and wrinkles.
How Many Dermapen Treatments are Needed?
Most patients need multiple Dermapen treatments to achieve their desired results. Generally, you can expect anywhere between 3 and 6 treatments, which are typically performed in monthly increments.
Are Dermapen Results Permanent?
The Dermapen treatment produces results that can slow and even momentarily reverse the aging process. However, Dermapen treatments cannot prevent future aging from occurring. In this way, the results are not permanent, and patients are encouraged to receive multiple treatments in order to maintain their results as long as possible.
DermaPen® is a microneedling treatment that stimulates collagen to freshen up your appearance and reduce acne scars. La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic offers DermaPen® treatments for men and women in San Diego, Encinitas, La Mesa, El Cajon, and surrounding areas of California. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.