Article Title: Holiday Tips to Help Prevent Varicose Veins
Article Source: http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2014/dec/15/holiday-tips-to-help-prevent-varicose-veins/
Through this health news article, different ways to prevent varicose veins throughout the holiday season are reviewed through a local San Diego newspaper. Some of the holiday tips to varicose vein prevention include:
- Exercise on a regular basis– exercise can improve your circulation and overall vein strength. Get outside and get some physical exercise!
- Take breaks– while there is always a flurry of activities during the holidays, it is important to take breaks from extensive sitting and standing for the health of your veins.
- Elevate your legs when resting– elevating the legs can decrease spider and varicose vein formation.
- Avoid uncomfortable clothes and shoes-flat shoes and looser clothing can encourage blood flow.
- Monitor your weight– increases in body weight can lead to an increase in varicose veins.
At La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic, we are dedicated to helping our patients treat varicose and spider veins. We know that the holiday season can be stressful, but we hope that these tips to prevent the formation of vein condition is helpful! If you are suffering from varicose or spider veins, please do not hesitate to contact our San Diego clinic. We will answer all of your questions about our vein condition treatments, and schedule you for a consultation with our vein specialists. Contact us today at 858-454-2700 to learn more about your vein health.