Laser Skin Resurfacing in San Diego, CA
Sun damage, blemishes, wrinkles, dark spots, and poor skin texture are just some of the skin conditions that can be treated with laser skin resurfacing. La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic offers laser skin resurfacing for men and women in San Diego, Encinitas, La Mesa, El Cajon, and surrounding areas of California.
What Is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Laser skin resurfacing involves the use of a cosmetic laser to stimulate the skin’s natural healing response and collagen production. There are two main types of cosmetic lasers available:
- Ablative: Ablative lasers are more aggressive than non-ablative and can produce dramatic results with just a single treatment. The trade-off for these dramatic results is that you will need up to a week of downtime to heal. However, if you are looking to significantly rejuvenate your skin in a short period of time, ablative lasers could be a great choice.
- Non-ablative: Non-ablative lasers are a gentler option if you can’t spare the time for healing that ablative lasers require, or if you are after subtler results. Non-ablative lasers target the dermal layer of the skin without damaging the epidermis, and generally require multiple sessions for optimal results.
We offer both types of laser treatments and will work together with you to determine which type is best for your particular skin concerns. In some cases, a combination treatment may provide the best results; laser resurfacing can be done together with other treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers for more comprehensive results.
What Can Laser Skin Resurfacing Treat?
Laser resurfacing can effectively treat a number of skin problems, including:
- Acne Scars: Acne scars are extremely common, yet they can be very difficult to treat effectively. Laser skin resurfacing using the Fraxel Dual can provide noticeably smoother skin for many patients.
- Sun damage: Most people do not protect their skin adequately from the sun, and the result is significant damage to the skin over time. This damage can take the form of sun spots, leathery skin texture, and deep lines and wrinkles. For pronounced sun damage, the Active or DeepFX CO2 laser may be a good choice.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: Laser resurfacing can be very effective in reducing perioral (also called smoker’s) lines as well as lines around the eyes. Which laser is appropriate for you will depend on the extent and location of your wrinkles. If, however, your main concern is wrinkles on the forehead, between the brows, or at the corners of the eyes (crow’s feet), a better choice may be a neuromodulator such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport®, or Xeomin®.
- Pigmentation problems: Pigmentation problems such as melasma, birthmarks, age spots, and freckles can often be treated with laser skin resurfacing. The Fraxel Dual laser is particularly good for reducing unwanted pigmentation.
- Skin texture and enlarged pores: Most fractional resurfacing lasers are good for reducing pore size and smoothing skin texture. Talk to one of our doctors to find out which is best for you.
- Scars and stretch marks: While stretch marks are unfortunately permanent, resurfacing treatments can help to significantly reduce their appearance. We use the Fraxel Re:store and our newest laser ResurFX to treat stretch marks and scarring.
Rejuvenate your skin with a laser skin resurfacing treatment at La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic. To learn more about this treatment for men and women in San Diego, Encinitas, La Mesa, El Cajon, and surrounding areas of California, contact us today to schedule a consultation.