Skin Infections in San Diego, CA
Skin infections can often spread quickly without medical attention. With the help of dermatologist, Dr. Faryal Siddiqui, La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic is proud to offer treatments for skin infections to men and women in San Diego, Encinitas, La Mesa, El Cajon, and surrounding areas of California.
What Are Skin Infections?
Skin infections are exactly what they sound like. These infections are caused by a wide range of germs and can affect the skin in a variety of ways. The four most common types of skin infections include:
- Bacterial skin infections. These infections typically start with small bumps but spread rapidly. Common bacterial infections include boils and cellulitis.
- Viral skin infections. Viral infections can take shape in a variety of forms, and typically don’t get associated with an infection. Common viral infections include chickenpox, warts and molluscum, and shingles.
- Fungal skin infections. Fungal infections are typically spread from one person to another and are typically contracted in warm, moist environments. Common fungal infections include athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and nail infections.
- Parasitic infections. These infections are caused by a parasite. While none of these infections are deadly, they are uncomfortable and can be hard to treat. Common parasitic infections include bedbugs, lice, and scabies.
What Causes Skin Infections?
The cause of a skin infection ultimately depends on the type of injection a patient has. While each skin infection may have a unique source, they are commonly spread from one person to another through skin-on-skin contact or through contact with the same environment and clothing. To reduce the risk of contracting a skin infection, we often recommend our patients wash and sanitize their hands frequently and wear protective footwear in communal environments.
How Do I Know if I Have a Skin Infection?
While skin infections may look different from person to person, we often encourage our patients to be aware of the following:
- The appearance of blisters
- Itching lesions
- Burning sensations
- Pain and tenderness
- Pussy lesions
If you believe you have a skin infection, we encourage you to come in for a private consultation with Dr. Siddiqui and the expert medical team at La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic. We’ll be happy to sit down with you, listen to your concerns, and develop a personalized treatment plan based on your diagnosis to help you achieve the beautiful, healthy skin you deserve.
How Are Skin Infections Treated?
Because everyone’s body is different, each skin infection treatment will be tailored to the patient. Treatment for your skin infection may include oral or topical antibiotics. During your private consultation, Dr. Siddiqui will develop a personalized treatment plan to help you treat your skin infection and achieve the beautiful, healthy skin you deserve.
How Much Do Skin Infection Treatments Cost?
The cost of your skin infection treatments will vary depending on the extent of treatment needed to achieve your desired results. La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic accepts coverage from most insurance plans. To get a more accurate estimate of your treatment cost, we encourage you to come in for a private consultation.
Don’t let your skin infection linger. To learn more about skin infection treatments for men and women in San Diego, Encinitas, La Mesa, El Cajon, and surrounding areas of California, contact us at La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic today to schedule a consultation.