It takes work to maintain beautiful skin. Fortunately, by adhering to a regular at-home skin care regimen, you can keep your skin glowing and beautiful for years to come. The following tips will help you maintain great skin complexion, making you the envy of your friends:
- Cleanse and nourish – A good cleanser is one of the most important products to include in your skin care regimen. Use an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup and other products that may build up on your skin’s surface. This will help restore the natural balance of your skin, preventing it from drying out. You should also nourish your skin by massaging in hydrating serums before you go to sleep at night. This will allow them to be absorbed properly.
- Resurface your skin – A gentle exfoliant should be used every day to remove dull and dead skin from the surface of your face. During the winter, you can add a rich moisturizer to reverse the effects of drying, cold winds and central heating.
- Massage – A massage is a great way to invigorate your skin and maintain a beautiful, healthy glow. Using a moisturizer that is appropriate for your skin type, apply gentle pressure to your face with your fingertips. Apply the cream in upwards, circular movements to help lift the skin.
- Moisturize – Make sure your moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid. This compound has great hydrating properties because it can hold up to 3,000 times its weight in water, making it an excellent solution for dry skin.
- Cool down – Freeze some hydrating toner or floral water in an ice cube tray. Rub one of these ice cubes over your skin as needed to boost circulation and provide an extra glow.
- Don’t scrub too hard – Be careful not to scrub your face too hard. Over-exfoliating can do more harm to your skin than good.
At La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic, we offer a wide range of medical-grade skin care products to help you maintain beautiful, glowing skin. During your initial consultation, Dr. Mani will recommend the ideal combination of products for your skin type and condition.
Please contact La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic today to schedule your free skin care consultation. We serve patients in the La Jolla, California area.