Recently, beauty product manufacturer Olay commissioned The Big British Beauty Poll, one of the largest beauty surveys ever conducted. More than 20,000 British women between the ages of 18 and 65 were polled in order to gain a greater insight into the latest trends associated with anti-aging treatments and other aspects of maintaining a beautiful appearance.
Keep in mind that these results reflect the trends and views of women in England. However, it is likely that there are many striking similarities to the attitudes and preferences among American women.
Interestingly, BOTOX® Cosmetic is no longer among the most popular facial anti-aging options. Only 21% of women surveyed said they would consider having or have had BOTOX® Cosmetic. Other anti-aging options which were more popular include:
- Anti-aging facials (67%)
- Microdermabrasion (43%)
- Chemical peels (27%)
- Laser skin resurfacing (25%)
- Plastic surgery (24%)
It is not entirely clear why BOTOX® Cosmetic has experienced this drop in popularity. It may be due to the increasing number of celebrities who have publicly spoken out against the treatment. Or perhaps it is due to the exceptional results which can now be achieved by many of these other minimally invasive facial rejuvenation treatments. Either way, it appears that the many facial rejuvenation options available at med spas today have provided women with viable options that they find more appealing.
The survey also revealed some other interesting trends:
- Women under the age of 35 are more likely to opt for plastic surgery
- The average age at which women are starting to go for facelifts has dropped – 10 years ago, most facelift patients were in their 50s or 60s; now many are in their 40s
- 36.8% of women felt they were most happy and confident in their 30s, 30.2% were most confident in their 20s, and 19% were most confident in their 40s
- Facial wrinkles and a sagging jaw line were the two most common aging concerns
At La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic, we offer a variety of facial rejuvenation options to help you look and feel your very best. At your initial consultation, Dr. Mani will review all of these options with you in great detail and work with you to devise a customized treatment plan that effectively achieves your aesthetic goals.
Please contact La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic today to schedule your free consultation. We serve clients in the La Jolla, California area.